3.12.07

dear 2007

thank you for the low points and the notable successes. the fifteen thousand tears shed and the ten thousand miles flown. the fifty new dresses in my closet and my expanded collection of shoes. thank you for making me tougher and evolving me. thank you for the nights out that turned into morning afters and the six inches my hair grew. thank you for the excessive alcohol intakes and cigarette burns. thank you for the unknown bruises on my legs and smeared makeup on my face. thank you for getting my heart broken and mending it, and the falling out of love with one person to falling in love with everyone. thank you for the car accident. thank you for the twelve walk of shames i walked and the mornings i woke in the clothes from the night before. thank you for vitamin water and brooklyn pizza. thank you for the duplex on 55th and 8th ave. and surviving my homeless London trip. thank you for taking me from being loved and then hated and then envied. thank you for being out of work and then overworked. thank you for helping me start my dreams. thank you for the friends i got and the friends i lost. thank you for my sex and the city dvd's that helped me through last winter. thank you for my best friends becoming closer and my long distance friends of whom i miss. thank you for brick lane and greenwich village, williamsburg and shoreditch boys. thank you for my warm blankets and good luck charms. thank you for holden caulfield and magnolia cupcakes. thank you for Viron and Gala. thank you for the boys that came and went. thank you for the boys in bands and girls with ice cream. thank you for the high's and low's, to's and fro's, conor oberst kisses, laughing fits, and emotional wreckage. thank you for making me another year older. thank you for being as hard as you were rewarding, i love you.


28 days left.